NEEDLE BIOPSY ASPIRATION 10/CS
Carefusion DIN1515X – NEEDLE BIOPSY ASPIRATION 10/CS
Disposable Intraosseous Infusion Needle
The disposable intraosseous infusion needle from CareFusion provides the ability to gain vascular access for delivering fluids and drugs to critically ill or injured children.
Intraosseous infusion (IO) is recommended only in life-threatening emergencies where vascular access is critical and conventional forms of access are not available or are unobtainable.
The Disposable Intraosseous Infusion Needle Features:
- Sharp lancet point to facilitate entry into the bone
- Luer slip/luer lock connection for a secure fit to any syringe
- Adjustable depth guard to help control depth in needle insertion
- Two sizes to meet users preference
Recommended Needle Placement:
- The proximal tibia may be used for children up to age 6
- The distal tibia is the preferred site for older children
- The distal femur
|What MRI safety information does the labeling contain?||Labeling does not contain MRI Safety Information|
|Device required to be labeled as containing natural rubber latex or dry natural rubber (21 CFR 801.437):||No|
|Device labeled as “Not made with natural rubber latex”:||No|
|Prescription Use (Rx):||Yes|
|Over the Counter (OTC):||No|
|Human Cell, Tissue or Cellular or Tissue-Based Product (HCT/P):||No|
CAUTION: Federal law restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician. RX Only. Orders from individuals will not be accepted.