329651 – 1 mL BD U-100 Insulin Syringe with Slip Tip; 25 G x 5/8 in. BD PrecisionGlide Detachable Needle, Regular Bevel, Regular Wall. (Orange/Blue)
1-mL BD Luer-Lok insulin syringe – available with either a detachable needle or a permanently attached needle – support many clinical uses and crucially prevent needle disengagement, medication leakage, and spray or tubing disconnect. We also offer a 1-mL insulin syringe with the BD Luer-Lok tip or the U-100 slip tip.
Features & Benefits
- Smaller and thinner syringe size for easier handling and greater control.
- Accurate measurements are possible with dosage indicators clearly marked on the syringe barrel.
- Give your patient less to fear with less needle, less pain, and less chance of intramuscular injection.
- Lo-Dose insulin syringes are used for measuring small amounts of insulin.
- Preffered by over 80% patients
- Regular Bevel
- Latex Free
Key Product Features
|Hub Type||Dart shape|
|Needle Gauge||25 G|
|Needle Gauge (m)||0.50 mm|
|Needle Length (in.)||5/8 in.|
|Needle Length (m)||15.90 mm|
|Needle Tip Type||3-bevel|
|Needle Wall Type||Regular|
|Syringe Scale||2 mL graduations|
|Sterilization Method||Gamma radiation|
|Latex Statement||Not made with natural rubber latex|
Proper Injection Technique
Proper injection technique is essential to improve consistency in medication delivery and optimize glycemic control. It includes factors such as:
- knowing where the common injection sites are
- understanding how to rotate sites
- ensuring consistent delivery into subcutaneous (fat) layer
- choosing proper needle length
- avoiding injecting into muscle
Why is Proper Disposal Important?
Proper syringe disposal will help to:
- Store and safely dispose of used syringes and lancets,
- Protect trash collectors from accidental needlesticks,
- Prevent your used syringes from falling into the wrong hands,
- Protect the environment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How are BD insulin syringes sterilized?
A. Using cobalt irradiation. Sterilization is the last process before shipping. The insulin syringes are already packed in their poly bags and boxes.
Q. Can BD insulin syringes be used for other types of medications?
A.Your doctor or pharmacist should prescribe the proper type of syringe to be used for your medication.
Q. Do insulin syringes expire?
A. Yes, they have a five-year shelf life. They should always be stored in a temperate, dry area.
Q. Can insulin syringes be pre-filled?
A.BD does not recommend that any of our insulin syringes be pre-filled more than a few minutes before the injection. No studies have conclusively determined the safety or risks associated with this practice.
Q. Can insulin syringes be reused?
A.BD insulin syringes are designed for single use only, and are clearly labeled as such. Today’s insulin needle is thinner and more delicate for greater comfort, so needle reuse can damage the tip and cause injury.
Product Packaging Information
|Length||12.123 cm||400.04 mm|
|Width||7.123 cm||349.25 mm|
|Height||6.123 cm||171.45 mm|
|Weight||595.4 g||4.763 kg||5.954 g|