Medline MSC8744EP – Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Dressings with Silver, 4 x 4″ (10.2 x 10.2 cm), 10/BX
Puracol Plus AG+
For stalled wounds when antimicrobial properties of silver are desired. 100% native bovine collagen impregnated with ionic silver designed to help jump-start stalled chronic wounds and manage bioburden. Helps promote natural healing. Ionic silver provides antimicrobial barrier.
Puracol Plus AG+ Collagen Dressings with Silver
Ideal for partial- and full-thickness wounds of all drainage levels
- For stalled wounds when antimicrobial properties of silver are desired.
- 100% collagen with a high degree of nativity.
- High gel integrity.
- Helps promote natural healing.
- Jump-starts stalled wounds.
- Ionic silver provides antimicrobial barrier.
- Indications: pressure, venous, diabetic ulcers, partial and full-thickness wounds, ulcers caused by mixed vascular etiologies, burns, donor sites and other surface wounds, abrasions, traumatic wounds healing by secondary intention and dehisced surgical wounds.
- Contraindicated for active vasculitis or patients with known sensitivity to collagen or silver.
- May be left in place for up to 7 days.
- Dressing change frequency will depend on amount of drainage.
Unique Collagen Dressings Promote Natural Healing
The Puracol Plus line of wound dressings promote natural healing with type I bovine, native 100% collagen. Our exclusive, gentle manufacturing technology preserves the collagens natural structure, resulting in dressings that provide more collagen to a wound for a longer period of time.
The innovative rope configurations are interesting solutions for tunneling wounds that are difficult to dress because of the tendency of nonbiodegradable dressing materials to be retained in the wound even after their attempted removal.
The Microscaffold Collagen dressings promote natural healing even while the dressing absorbs the wound exudate. When using Puracol Plus Ag+, the silver antimicrobial agent provides a barrier to microbes thus providing additional aid in the natural healing process
Native 100% Collagen – Likely to Last Longer in the Wound
Denatured collagen – commonly used in other wound-care products is chemically processed to the extent that its sophisticated triple helix structure is damaged, which seems to affect the dressings structural integrity in any fluid substance. 3,4,5 The preservation of the triple helix is essential in maintaining the proper structure (nativity) of collagen.
Puracol Plus and Puracol Plus Ag+ feature a unique three-dimensional structure known as the MicroScaffold. 6 Puracol Plus native collagen is less likely to immediately convert to a jelly-like paste or be absorbed by the secondary dressing. If collagen dressings solubilize (biodegrade) between dressing changes, they cannot exert their natural healing properties.
Sensitive analytical tests using well-established methods(figs. 1A and 1B) and microscopic techniques (figs. 2A and 2B) show that Puracol Plus and Puracol Plus Ag+ retain their triple helical structure (nativity) better than other denatured (damaged) collagen-based products.
REDUCTION IN BACTERIA LEVELS WITH PURACOL PLUS Ag+
- 100% Collagen Yes.
- Dressing Change Frequency/Use Max: 7 Day: Check Drainage.
- Dressing Type Sheet.
- EP Packaging Yes.
- HPIS Code 740_150_0_0
- Latex Free Yes.
- Length Inches 4.5 in.
- Primary or Secondary Dressing Primary Dress.
- Product Category Collagen.
- Silver Yes.
- Size Milliliters 19.13 ml.
- UNSPSC 42311504
- Width Inches 4.2 in.
- Wound Condition Type Shallow/Deep,All Drainage Type.